Heart health is a growing concern among people of all ages. Many people are especially careful and aware to keep the heart healthy.
According to the World Health Organization, an average of 17.9 million people die worldwide each year due to complications related to the heart.
As a result, the need to monitor the heart condition of people of any age is increasing day by day. This requirement is especially high for those who are suffering from heart disease or are at risk of developing heart disease.
Meanwhile, with the increasing use of technology in the medical system, new ways of using wearable devices are coming forward. Among these, a significant possibility is the use of wearable technology to ensure the health of the heart through monitoring.
If one’s heart is not healthy, one has to rely on various devices to monitor the condition of the heart. This may include an electrocardiogram or ECG machine, which records the heart’s activity. Also, any person who is at risk of heart disease may need the help of various devices like glucometer, thermometer or pulse-oximeter.
Anyone can protect themselves from heart disease with the help of these gadgets or devices. However, for this reason, the person at risk of heart disease should monitor his physical condition with these devices as much as possible every day. Only then, using the data obtained from these devices, the symptoms of any heart disease can be accurately diagnosed in advance.
But naturally these devices are not always possible to use. Moreover, most heart patients depend on hospitals or diagnostic centers to use these devices.
But if the help of wearable technology is taken, there can be a change in this picture. In addition to pulse rate, heart rate, glucose level, how much energy or calories are consumed, it is now possible to record with just a wearable device.
Thus healthcare is becoming more accessible and more accurate diagnosis is possible.
Wearable Technology To Keep The Heart Healthy
In this age of smartwatches, it’s hard to ignore the benefits of using wearable technology. Especially patients who suffer from irregular heartbeats called ‘arrhythmia’, will benefit from using wearable technology like smartwatches.
Here are some possible ways wearable devices can be used to monitor heart health:
- To detect temporary changes in heartbeat rhythm Sometimes symptoms of arrhythmias are transient. Before the sick person realizes anything, the heartbeat returns to normal. Again, if the heart rate is slower or faster than normal, the affected person may also faint. And only when this happens, they understand their illness. But when a sick person faints, they often cannot remember what happened to them when they regain consciousness. Wearable devices can be useful in such situations, with the help of which accurate diagnosis and treatment are possible by recording the necessary data about the patient’s health.
- In monitoring blood pressure and pulse rate Fewer people get regular heart health check-ups. As a result, many people do not know about their disease for years until the effects of the disease become apparent. One such common and common disease is high blood pressure. But currently most of the wearable devices in the market have the facility to measure blood pressure. With the help of these devices the blood pressure level can be kept under continuous monitoring. In this way, as the patient can get an early idea about his possible disease, the data collected with the help of these devices can also help in his diagnosis.
- To detect if the patient’s life is threatened A patient’s heartbeat can be irregular in different ways and for different reasons. For example, a rapid heart rate can cause ventricular tachycardia. Also, many diseases or symptoms like atrial fibrillation, ventricular fibrillation and premature ventricular beats can be detected by accurately measuring the heart rate. By using wearable devices, the symptoms of these diseases can be detected and treated more easily. Data recorded by the device can be sent directly to a doctor in an emergency, even before the patient is taken to the hospital. In this way, expert doctors can give more thoughtful opinions about the necessary steps in an emergency.
- Through the use of a wearable defibrillator device A defibrillator device basically delivers electrical pulses or shocks to the patient’s heart to normalize the heartbeat. But now it is not necessary to go to the hospital to use this device. Rather, it is becoming possible to save the patient’s life in an emergency with wearable defibrillator devices. A wearable defibrillator device looks like a jacket. Wearing this jacket can save a patient’s life in life-threatening situations like ventricular tachycardia or ventricular fibrillation. This device is also called a ‘wearable cardioverter defibrillator’.
- By tracking physical activity Patients can monitor their daily physical activity through the use of various wearable devices. Thus wearable technology helps in maintaining the overall health and fitness of the user. Wearable devices help if someone wants to exercise or change their habits to maintain their health. These devices can contribute to patients’ lifestyle control by providing reminders or alerts at the right time or situation.
After all, wearable technology can play a very effective role in staying healthy these days. Through this, if we take control of our health in our own hands, our worries will also decrease. Also, those who have had a previous heart attack or stroke, who have high blood pressure or other heart problems, can be safer and more alert. Apart from using these devices, if one maintains a healthy lifestyle and follows the doctor’s advice regularly, then it will be possible to prevent many other diseases apart from heart disease.